Can you barely keep your eyes open at work? So bored you could sleep through the entire day? Seinfeld's George Costanza built a bed under his desk, but we'll tell you how to be a bit more subtle. Here's some tips on how to get a some quick shut-eye at work.
You Will Need:
• A spot to sleep
• An alarm
• And 20 uninterrupted minutes
• Big headphones (optional)
Step 1: Find a quiet place
Find a place at work where you can sleep uninterrupted for at least 20 minutes—your office or cubicle, the backseat of your car, an underused conference room, the mailroom, under your boss's desk when they're away.
Step 2: Sleep outside
Consider options outside your workplace: a department store with a nice lounge, the local library, a nearby park in nice weather. Just remember to keep your valuables under wraps or you could wake to a lighter wallet.
Step 3: Nap between 1:00 & 3:00
Take your power nap between 1:00 and 3:00, when energy levels are at their lowest.
Step 4: Set an alarm
Set an alarm. You want to take a nap, not wake up when the cleaning crew is vacuuming around your feet.
Step 5: Check your appearance
Check your appearance before you resume work so you don't arrive at a meeting with bed head and chin drool.
Trivia: NASA sleep researchers found that a 26-minute nap boosts work performance by 34%.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades